Monday, March 3, 2014

I am...

a blogger.

Yep (and just when you think you know a person, too). I won't call myself a writer, because I think maybe that term is reserved for those much more talented (or persistent) than I.

My current blog title (sugar is smoking) is stolen from the poem highlighted in the sidebar. Read it.
I know, poetry. Right? But it's short. And accurate to the letter. 

Why am I here?
Quite plainly, I choose to write for you. I want to reach out to those who might give a damn despite the deadlines and miles between us. I write to share my life with you in some way apart from missed calls and Facebook. Oh, but don't be fooled - I also choose to write for myself. As it turns out, words are a healing liquidation of thought in a sometimes baffling world -

- and I am an open book.



Welcome to my diary of life and little pleasures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

“We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.”
― Anaïs Nin